Packet Tracer – Configuring Secure Passwords and SSH
The network administrator has asked you to prepare RTA for deployment. Before it can be connected to the network, security measures must be enabled.
· Configure IP addressing on PCA according to the Addressing Table.
· Console into RTA from the Terminal on PC-A.
· Configure IP addressing on RTA and enable the interface.
· Configure the hostname as RTA.
· Encrypt all plaintext passwords.
RTA(config)# service password-encryption
· Set a strong secret password of your choosing.
· Set the domain name to RTA.com (case-sensitive for scoring in PT).
RTA(config)# ip domain-name RTA.com
· Create a user of your choosing with a strong password.
RTA(config)# username any_user password any_password
· Generate 1024-bit RSA keys.
Note: In Packet Tracer, enter the crypto key generate rsa command and press Enter to continue.
RTA(config)# crypto key generate rsa
· Block anyone for three minutes who fails to log in after four attempts within a two-minute period.
RTA(config)# login block-for 180 attempts 4 within 120
· Configure the VTY lines for SSH access and use the local user profiles for authentication.
RTA(config)# line vty 0 4
RTA(config-line)# transport input ssh
RTA(config-line)# login local
· Save the configuration to NVRAM.
· Be prepared to demonstrate to your instructor that you have established SSH access from PCA to RTA.
Isomorph ID: 10
Download Pka file and PDF file below: